SDVOSB Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business,
OMWBE certified MBE, DBE, SBE, King County SCS
Mobile Industrial - Commercial Service only for Washington State
King, Pierce, Snohomish, Kitsap, Thurston counties
The First Line of Defense
Fire Extinguishers are an essential part of any fire emergency preparation. According to Fire Equipment Manufacturers’ Association, 94 percent of the time a portable fire extinguisher is used, it puts the fire out – typically within the first two minutes. They are also required by OSHA, and in most jurisdictions, the workplace.
- Complete a visual inspection of each extinguisher
- External Maintenance is required for portable fire extinguishers by a certified technician
Every 5 Years
- Run a hydrostatic test on both carbon dioxide and water-based extinguishers
Every 6 Years
- Maintenance, internal and external, is required on your buildings’ stored-pressure (ABC and BC) extinguishers
Every 12 Years
- Hydrostatic testing is required on both stored pressure and cartridge operated extinguishers
The Extinguisher Inspection Process
- Inspect: Visual inspection, pressure gauge inspection, cylinder, valve, and discharge hose inspection, carry handle and push-lever inspection.
- Verify: Verifying current hydrostatic and 6-year maintenance dates.
- Install: Installing new tamper seal, installing certification tag.
- Clean: Cleaning cylinder
Access Fire Protection Services, Inc
PO box 443, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
Office North: (425) 413-2648
Office South: (253) 872-7727
6-Year Tear-Downs and Certifications: The removal of the extinguishing agent, replacement of worn parts, refill and repressurize, certification tagging, and re-hanging. Must be performed by a certified technician.
12-Year Hydrostatic Test and Certification: Pressure testing of an extinguishers’ critical components (eg. cylinder, shell, hose assembly, ect) for leaks and structual flaws by pressurizing them with a liquid. Certification taggin and re-hanging. Must be performed by a certified technician.