The First Line of Defense
Why does your office or workplace need fire extinguishers inspections? According to FEMA, 94 percent of the time a portable fire extinguisher is used, it puts the fire out – typically within the first two minutes. We will keep you in compliance with OSHA, city, state, and federal codes, and your insurance requirements.
We are experienced/trained/certified on:
Fire Extinguisher Services for Hospitals
Fire Extinguisher Services for Healthcare Facilities
Fire Extinguisher Services for Trucks
Fire Extinguisher Services for Manufacturers
Fire Extinguisher Services for Industries
Fire Extinguisher Services for Warehouses
Fire Extinguisher Services for High-Rise Buildings
Your Fire Safety and Prevention Plan
for the Workplace Maintenance Schedules
- Complete a visual inspection of each extinguisher
- External Maintenance is required for portable fire extinguishers by a certified technician
Every 5 Years:
- Run a hydrostatic test on both carbon dioxide and water-based extinguishers
Every 6 Years:
- Maintenance, internal and external, is required on your buildings’ stored-pressure (ABC and BC) extinguishers
Every 12 Years:
- Hydrostatic testing is required on both stored pressure and cartridge-operated extinguishers
The Annual Fire Extinguisher Inspection Process:
- Inspect: Visual inspection, pressure gauge inspection, cylinder, valve, and discharge hose inspection, carry handle, and push-lever inspection.
- Verify: Verifying current hydrostatic and 6-year maintenance dates.
- Install: Installing new tamper seal, and installing certification tag.
- Clean: Cleaning cylinder
6-Year Tear-Downs and Certifications: The removal of the extinguishing agent, replacement of worn parts, refill and repressurize, certification tagging, and re-hanging. Must be performed by a certified technician.
12-Year Hydrostatic Test and Certification: Pressure testing of an extinguishers’ critical components (eg. cylinder, shell, hose assembly, etc.) for leaks and structural flaws by pressurizing them with a liquid. Certification tagging and re-hanging. Must be performed by a certified technician.